Forum Bugs

@bottom-center uses most of the bottom margin

luiz_borges
I'm trying to set a footer using @bottom-center and @bottom-right, but the former is taking most of the space and causes the text in the @bottom-right to break in various lines. According the the example XVII on http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-page/#margin-box-ex this is not the correct behavior

How can I avoid/fix that?

Luiz Borges
mikeday
Which version of Prince are you using? Can you post your CSS for the margin boxes?
luiz_borges
I'm using the latest version (8.0). Here is the CSS (the background was added for debugging reasons):
@page {
@bottom { content: "Título do capítulo"; background:red; }
@bottom-right { content: "("counter(page) " de " counter(pages)")"; background:yellow; }
}

I tried all sorts of variations without success.

Here is the result:
jim_albright
Have you tried giving a width to one of them?

Jim Albright
Wycliffe Bible Translators

dauwhe
Also try using @bottom-center rather than @bottom
luiz_borges
Using the width property in just one of them works, but then I don't have an auto-flow layout.

In this particular case I just want to add numbering, so I can trial and error a fixed number, but if I want to add another information that I don't not the size in advance the layout can become pretty ugly. I don't think it would be too hard to implement this type of balanced boxes.
luiz_borges
@bottom-center and @bottom are equivalent, I tried with both.
jim_albright
Also try using @bottom-center rather than @bottom

Good call. I missed that.

Jim Albright
Wycliffe Bible Translators

luiz_borges
Just replying to make it clear that I indeed test both @bottom and @bottom-center, and they both don't work as they should. I can set a width, but I think that is not the expected behavior, and in many cases it can add complications with having a fixed width in the footer.

I think it should be fairly simple to implement the correct behavior, since it is supposed to work like a 3 cell table row with auto layout.
mikeday
Yes, this is a bug in Prince 8.1 that will be fixed in the next release.
mikeday
This bug has been fixed in Prince 9, available now. Thanks for letting us know about this issue.