Forum Documentation

Documentation as PDF

Anonymous
Hi,
I am currently testing Prince and find it a very interesting product. However, I miss one thing:
I really would appreciate the documentation as PDF - I never read anything online or on a screen. Why not format it with Prince?
-- kfen
mikeday
Good idea, we'll try and get that done for the next release if we have time :)
jdw
Hello,

I'd also love to see documentation in PDF. I like to read documentation from start to finish, which I always find awkward in a browser.

-- jdw
bizguy72
Hi,

I created a PDF copy for my own personal use. I'm happy enough to make it available to others but only if the authors agree or alternatively I can supply it directly to the authors and they could choose to make it available.
(Please don't ask me to send you a copy until the authors have responded - I obviously won't do this due to copyright issues)

All hyperlinks (including internal links) work fine, so the documentation is exactly the same as it is on the princexml.com website but instead it's in PDF format.

Regards

Adam
alan2102
This would be lovely, indeed -- a PDF of the documentation.

Any progress on this? Have the authors seen the request?

Thanks kindly.

Alan
bizguy72
alan2102 wrote:
This would be lovely, indeed -- a PDF of the documentation.

Any progress on this? Have the authors seen the request?

Thanks kindly.

Alan

Hi Alan,

I previously provided the PDF doco to the authors, although to my knowledge it hasn't been made available for download anywhere from this site. I'm happy enough to forward a copy to you if the authors respond here and state that's OK.

Thanks
Adam
mikeday
Sorry for the delay on this, we've now got a PDF of all the documentation for Prince 6.0 available for download here: docs.pdf. We might make a few more tweaks to the styling over the next couple of days, so please let me know if you would like it presented or arranged differently.
alan2102
mikeday wrote:
Sorry for the delay on this, we've now got a PDF of all the documentation for Prince 6.0 available for download here: docs.pdf. We might make a few more tweaks to the styling over the next couple of days, so please let me know if you would like it presented or arranged differently.

Great! I'll download it. Thanks, Mike.

And, BizGuy, thanks for the offer, but it looks like I'm covered.
Ives Laaf
mikeday wrote:

well for the beginning this is great - just wonder where the pdf for the just released 7.0 is ;)... would be even greater to have that one too.

thanks in advance!

regards,
ives
mikeday
We're working on it, but there are a few things we would like to add to the documentation first. :)
yyang
Any news about the PDF doc? Thanks.
csant
There are DIY instructions for documentation in PDF format now!