Forum How do I...?

Suitable for print quality product brochure?

ChrisJOwen
Hi Guys,

I have been tasked with creating a print on demand brochure to replace an existing one that was hand designed. The brochure is basically an A4 book displaying all the international products that our client sells.

Now I know nothing about print on demand or what constitutes "print quality", so Im very much a fish out of water here.

All I know is that the quality of the output should be sufficiently high enough to be sent to print.

Looking around at the demo documents I see some great implementations but no product catalogues, so I wonder if this is appropriate for this type of doc? Should I be looking more towards things like InDesign server etc>

I realize this is a very generic question, but any advise would be welcomed.

Cheers, Chris.
jim_albright
My goal is to use Prince to publish Bibles. Bibles have a very high bar to pass for publication standards. Prince is getting there. 7.1 promises to have all that I have requested so far.

Jim Albright
Wycliffe Bible Translators

yet
ChrisJOwen wrote:
Hi Guys,

All I know is that the quality of the output should be sufficiently high enough to be sent to print.

Very high. We just created a brochure with Prince 7. It is currently in print and the result should be great.
mikeday
The main issues affecting print quality are bitmap images and colors. Text in PDF files is high-quality and resolution independent by default, so that's fine. However, bitmap images generally need to be high-resolution when used in print, eg. 300dpi, compared to the low-resolution images normally used online, eg. 90dpi. And colors may need to be specified using CMYK instead of RGB, however this is heavily dependent on the print service you are using, many are fine with RGB too.