Forum How do I...?

Title repeating

ricky.how
When the page breaks, is it possible to repeat the title of a page with the string ", Continued" appended after the title?

My Title A
content
content
(page breaks)

My Title A, Continued
(page continues)
content
content
mikeday
It's a bit tricky. You can do this for table captions using the caption-page property, but it's hard to do it for arbitrary headings in general.
ricky.how
Would this require conditional headers and footers? If so, can we expect this capability in the near future?

We break documents into logical units called Maps and Blocks. A Map is like an article, a Block is a reusable chunk of content. Maps are composed of Blocks.

When a Map breaks for pagination, we want to print "Continued on next page". As mentioned, on the next page we want the title of the Map with the string ', Continued'.
mikeday
Can you post a small example of the markup you are using? For example, where is the title text? It would need to be captured and reused after a page break.
ricky.how
Background Info
We recently updated our CSS to use the BOOM! microformat - so far it's working nicely, perfect for generating books using HTML and CSS. For the purposes of Information Mapping, we added a new section type called a Map. Each Map starts on a new page, and should repeat the title with the string ", Continued" appended to the end of the Map title.

The Problem
I need to suppress the printing of headers on the first page of a division (div class="Map"). Here is a clip that shows the problem: http://screencast.com/t/NjM4ZDJiM

CSS Code
Here is a snippet of CSS code

@page map {
@top-center {
content: string(maptitle, first) ", Continued";
font-size: 1.5em;

}
}

@page map :first {
@top-center {
content: normal;
}
}
mikeday
You need to use the prince-page-group property to state that the map element begins a new page group in order to make :first match.
.map { prince-page-group: start }
ricky.how
Works like a charm, thank-you kindly Mike.