Forum How do I...?

Problem on MACOS 10.4.4 (-bash: prince: command not found)

robert
After succesful install (./install.sh) in the directory /usr/local/ on MACOS X the terminal returns "-bash: prince: command not found". Did any of you have this problem and know how to solve it?

Thanks,
Robert.
mikeday
After installing in /usr/local, you should have a program called "prince" in /usr/local/bin. Try running it directly like this:

/usr/local/bin/prince

If it works, then Prince is installed correctly and you just need to add /usr/local/bin to your PATH, which is an environment variable containing a list of directories separated by colons:

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin

If it works, you can add this line to your .bash_profile so that it will always be set when you login.
Anonymous
mikeday wrote:
After installing in /usr/local, you should have a program called "prince" in /usr/local/bin. Try running it directly like this:

/usr/local/bin/prince

If it works, then Prince is installed correctly and you just need to add /usr/local/bin to your PATH, which is an environment variable containing a list of directories separated by colons:

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin

If it works, you can add this line to your .bash_profile so that it will always be set when you login.

Thanks Mike, I though the PATH was set by default. I added it to my .bash_profile and everything works great.

Robert.