Forum How do I...?

Subscribe to News forum

gutholmj
How can I subscribe to the News forum or an email list to receive notifications of new releases and upgrades?
mikeday
In the news forum you should see a link saying "Subscribe forum" when you are logged in, that should allow you to receive email notifications when new messages are posted there announcing new releases and other updates.
gutholmj
mikeday wrote:
In the news forum you should see a link saying "Subscribe forum" when you are logged in, that should allow you to receive email notifications when new messages are posted there announcing new releases and other updates.

That's kind of what I was expecting based on use of other phpbb sites, but there is no subscribe link for me. I'm attaching images of the page header and footer that I see. Perhaps I'm just overlooking the obvious.
  1. Picture 2.png49.1 kB
  2. Picture 3.png46.0 kB
mikeday
That's odd. Do you see the link on other forum sections, like this one?
gutholmj
mikeday wrote:
That's odd. Do you see the link on other forum sections, like this one?

Yes. Here's the How do I...? forum with the subscribe link.
  1. Picture 4.png21.0 kB
mikeday
Okay we've made some changed to the forum permissions, so the subscribe link should show up for the news forum now. Can you confirm that it is working?
gutholmj
mikeday wrote:
Okay we've made some changed to the forum permissions, so the subscribe link should show up for the news forum now. Can you confirm that it is working?

Worked great. Thanks.