Forum News

Prince 7.1 released!

mikeday
Today we are relieved to announce the release of Prince 7.1, an update that includes plenty of bug fixes and some exciting new features:

* Support for WOFF, the new Web Open Font Format.
* Improved support for OpenType layout tables.
* New CSS properties: border-break, border-clip, and more.
* Support for right-to-left scripts in SVG.
* Heaps of other improvements!

For full details, see the release notes, or simply download Prince and try it for yourself.

Thanks to everyone who has had fun with Prince 7.0 and given us ideas to make it even better! :D
Alex McKee
Very nice. I don't know why but I had a feeling I should drop by the forum and see if there was a new version - and there was!

I notice you've been working on SVG text support and you've added bi-di which is very cool. Any progress towards textPath support as per viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1619&start=0?

Also, I've looked and I've looked and I can't seem to find the roadmap that is mentioned in so many posts.

Edited by Alex McKee

mikeday
Here is the super secret roadmap, and we will be making further improvements to SVG in the next release.
Alex McKee
Wow, very fast reply - many thanks!
Alex McKee
Sorry to double post but I just wanted to say that you guys are awesome. The roadmap is so useful and I can see that you've been working very hard on Prince. Thanks for developing such an amazing piece of software.
mikeday
Thanks, we like to make software people like! :D