Forum Bugs

"Couldn't resolve host 'www.example.org'" - 64bit arch

silverRocket
Hi there

I can see some posts have been made about the problem with using Prince 6.0r8 on 64-bit architecture (we are using Ubuntu 10.04LTS) but I'm not sure how to resolve it.

One suggestion was to apt-get "ia32-libs", but ultimately that just messed things up further (maybe because I ran that after install the generic Linux Prince) and I had to remove that and the other libraries that command installed.

We have a license for 6.0 and paying more for 7 is not an option at the moment... It's working in all other ways, just the DNS resolution problem is killing us!!

Suggestions? Thanks!!
mikeday
There are no builds of Prince 6.0 for 64-bit architectures. All I can suggest is to use a dynamically linked binary if possible, as this is the only way to avoid DNS resolution problems. There is this package for Ubuntu 6.06, for example. Ideally it would be best to upgrade to a more recent version of Prince, where we will have 32-bit and 64-bit builds available for Ubuntu 10.04. Send me an email (mikeday@yeslogic.com) if you still can't get it to work, maybe we can sort something out.
silverRocket
Thanks, I'll give that build a shot and see what happens. Would you happen to know how to uninstall my current version? I just used the simple install.sh script in that generic build.

silverRocket
I found instructions on another thread... http://princexml.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1266&start=30

I'll give that a shot, no need to reply for now!!
silverRocket
So far I've been able to quash the issue by substituting relative paths for full URIs. Indeed the new 64-bit prince worked wonderfully, but we'll have to stay on v6 for now.

Thanks for your attention to this matter!