Forum Bugs

PRINCE SOFTWARE LICENSE PROBLEM

supportderu
Hello Folks,

This is MAHESH on behalf of DERU SUPPORT. One of our clients had installed prince software in his server years back.
He faced a server crash recently due to which we had to re-install prince software in his server. Now the problem is that currently, we have demo version of prince software installed in the server and our client needs the previous licensed version.

So, can we add the old license to the new version installed in the server?

Please let me know about it.

Regards,

Mahesh
Tech Support
DERU COMMUNICATIONS
supportderu
Hai Folks,

It seems the license problem is solved, but we have another issue. that is from my client's server, if someone tries to download the PDF file , it is displaying a logo 'P' (tilted horizontally) in the upper rightcorner of the PDF file.
I guess that logo means Personal Edition. But, we dont want that logo in PDF file when it is downloaded.

Any sort of help is really appreciated. We are really in a trouble.

Thanks,

Mahesh
DERU COMMUNICATIONS
mikeday
Please email me (mikeday@yeslogic.com) your client's details so I can reissue the license file.
supportderu
Hello Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I was just going through the backup which we had before server crash.
I found a file called license.dat under under prince installation directory. Is this the license file which is required?
As of now I have copied the license.dat file from our backup under the newly installed prince directory.
Will this work. If not , let me know. I will send details soon.

Also, I had one more issue. Now PDF files are being created using prince software, but once we open a pdf file from one of our client's site, it is displaying the logo of Prince (Alphabet P tilted horizontally) on the upper right corner of PDF file. Can you tell me why this is happening.

Once again, thanks a lot for your consideration.

Regards,

Mahesh
DERU SUPPORT
mikeday
The logo means you do not have your correct license file.
supportderu
Hello,

That makes sense. I think you are the correct authority to deal this issue. Kindly let me know what all details are required for re-issuing of the license. Also let me know whether extra charges would be there or not.
I will tell my client to send it to to your email address.

Regards,

MAHESH
DERU COMMUNICATIONS
mikeday
If the client emails me their name and any other details they have from their original purchase that will be sufficient, thank you.
supportderu
Hello Mike,

The customer have sent us the new license.dat file. How can we proceed further?

Will replacing the old license.dat file in the location " /usr/local/src/prince-6.0r8-linux/lib/prince-6/license " with new one , resolve the issue with the P logo??

Also we could find another license.dat file in the location " /usr/local/src/prince-6.0r8-linux/lib/prince/license " . This is causing a little bit confusion :(

Your help will be appreciated.

-------------
Regards
Mahesh

DERU COMMUNICATIONS
supportderu
Hello Mike,

Currently it is displaying as "Non-commercial License".

Please let us know whether this is the reason for "Alphabet P tilted horizontally" in the pdf generation. Can you please tell us how can we fix it?

# /usr/local/bin/prince --version
Prince 6.0 rev 8
Copyright 2002-2009 YesLogic Pty. Ltd.
Non-commercial License

# prince --show-license
id: 0000001
vendor: YesLogic Pty. Ltd.
product: Prince
version: 7.1
name: Non-commercial License
end-user: Personal User
date: 2009-06-30
demo: yes
upgrades: 20090630
# which /usr/local/bin/prince
/usr/local/bin/prince

------
Regards
Joseph
Deru Communication

Edited by supportderu

mikeday
Yes, the non-commercial license adds a logo. You need to find the original license.dat file that was sent to you when you purchased the license. You can view the file by running "prince --show-license" or "prince --check-license /path/to/license.dat".