Forum News

New Prince is awesome!

Ben
Even though it sounds rather silly, I like the new program icon! :D

Anyway, I noticed a change in functionality that wasn't documented on the beta bug fixes, and I thought it was worth mentioning!
Before, counter-increment would work within elements that were set to display:none. CSS specs state that elements with this property should NOT increment any counters.

This works now and I'm very happy!

However, I was wondering if there is any plans on getting the CSS visibility property supported in the future? In some cases I do wish elements that are hidden to increment counters.

Keep up the good work guys
Ben
Anonymous
Before visibility property will be implemented one can try to use transparent colors.
mikeday
Thanks for the kind words Ben!

We will implement the visibility property at some point; in the meantime, using transparent color is a great idea but it won't quite work, as at the moment Prince only supports transparent for backgrounds and borders, not text. You could always set the color to "white" though, which will work fine if you are printing on white paper :)
Ben
Alright, sounds good. I think the visibility setting is a definite must because it's not possible to get similar behavior without adding a lot of CSS, and even then it's a bit buggy.
mikeday
(Just for the record, the visibility property is supported by Prince 5.0 beta 3).