Forum How do I...?

Resolving URL's in Java Interface

willshao
Hello, I've been testing out Prince for the past few days, and am extremely impressed by its HTML to PDF capabilities. I need to feed Prince an InputStream from a URL, but the conversion abilities of Prince drop drastically when I do this. Prince fails to resolve any relative links to images and CSS stylings when I use the convert(InputStream, OutputStream) as opposed to the convert(String, String) methods.

Are there any workarounds to get Prince to resolve relative paths it comes across in a webpage similiar to how it resolves them when dealing with local files? Thanks.
mikeday
This is a limitation of the convert method that takes an InputStream.

In the future we will have two solutions for this issue, firstly by adding a method to specify the base URL of the document to be processed, secondly by supporting HTTP access natively within Prince.
mikeday
Today we have released Prince 5.1 rev 8, which supports a new --baseurl command-line option for specifying the base URL of the input document. Please give it a try and see if it does what you need. We will release updated versions of the Java and COM interfaces for Prince with a setBaseURL() method later this week.
mikeday
The updated Java and ActiveX/COM interfaces that support setBaseURL() are now available for download.