Forum Bugs

Prince 8.1 rev 5 crashes.

Mike
Hi,

Very odd problem I have.

I have a notebook where Prince 8.1 rev 5 compiles HTML file whit out any problem.

However, Prince 8.1 rev 5 is refusing to compile the same HTML on x3 other PC's, with this error being logged:

Faulting application name: prince.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5132b0b0
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x003f14d3
Faulting process id: 0x774
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce79725f7ac6fb
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Prince\engine\bin\prince.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 8d98f7aa-e566-11e2-8580-b4b52face25f

Am I missing some dependency modules or what not?

Thanks,
Mike

P.S. v9 does not crash, however stops compiling and message says: 'Unsuccessful'.
mikeday
That is odd. Can you run Prince 9 from the command-line, and check what error or warning messages it emits?
Mike
Sadly, but its crashing silently.

Works for about 10min or so, eats a lot of CPU in the beginning and keeps it quite high during all process.
Then windows "program stopped working" window pop-ups out and Event logs gives the message above.

Can I somehow enable debug mode?
Mike
Got something.

File inside ~/bin directory appeared named: prince.gc.log
With this message inside: "GC Warning: Out of Memory! Heap size: 1888 MiB. Returning NULL!"
mikeday
How big is this document? If you can email it to me (mikeday@yeslogic.com) we can do some profiling and see if there are some changes we can make either to the document or to Prince that will reduce the memory usage.
mikeday
Update: it turns out this issue was a specific bug causing Prince to hang on 32-bit platforms in rare circumstances involving large page floats. We hope to resolve this for the next release.
mikeday
We have fixed this issue in Prince 9 rev 2, available now! Thanks for letting us know about it. :)