Forum Bugs

Upgrading from 8.1r5 to 9.0 breaks my @page settings

schmalls
After upgrading, my documents lost their headers and footers and margins. I get a warning: failed to parse all CSS rules for my ProposalPage.css file. I can make the warning disappear by adding and empty rule (* {}) to the end of the file, but this does not fix the problem.
  1. Page.css0.7 kB
  2. ProposalPage.css1.6 kB
mikeday
Which operating system are you running Prince on?
schmalls
Windows 7 64bit.
mikeday
I'm having difficulty reproducing the problem. Do you get the error with a simple test document like this:
<html>
<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ProposalPage.css">
</head>
<body>
Test document
</body>
</html>

Using the exact Page.css and ProposalPage.css that you have uploaded here?
schmalls
I will test when I go to work tomorrow morning.
schmalls
I did some more testing this morning. When I used the CSS files I uploaded to here, I did not get any problems. However, when I used the files from my web server, I did. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I fixed it by saving the CSS files on the server with the Encode in UTF-8 without BOM option in Notepad++.

It is really frustrating that I didn't even figure out the real problem. Anyway, I can now get some inline footnotes, which is the reason I upgraded in the first place.
mikeday
Right, this is an issue accidentally introduced in Prince 9 that affects UTF-8 BOMs in CSS files, but only when the CSS is served over HTTP. We've fixed this and will provide an updated maintenance release shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience! :)
schmalls
Well that explains it. Thanks for your help.
mikeday
We have now released Prince 9 rev 2, which fixes this issue.