Forum Bugs

Bug in preformatted text ("pre" tag)

d.Coder
I am trying v5 beta2 and found out something that seems to be a bug with preformatted text: all elements inside a "pre" show as if it was "normal". Internet Explorer correctly shows it as fixed-pitch, including the "Print Preview" for the page. Prince, however, does not respect the tag.
Is there a workaround for that or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance,
d.Coder
Anonymous
Not a bug at all. The problem was with the fixed-width font face declaration, which must be enclosed into double-quotes.

Example:
"Courier New"
instead of
Courier New

See: http://www.princexml.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=27&sid=bb544523402d4f932b735d368e15f2aa

Sorry for the false alarm.
d.Coder
mikeday
Thanks for reporting the issue, perhaps we can remove the need to quote font family names that contain spaces in a future release.
d.Coder
mikeday wrote:
Thanks for reporting the issue, perhaps we can remove the need to quote font family names that contain spaces in a future release.

More than using double-quotes, the words must be capitalized exactly as it appears in the font name.
In my experiments, even declaring "courier new" (all lower case) in the CSS didn't work. I had to capitalize every word, so that "Courier New" worked finally.
mikeday
Right, font family names should not be case-sensitive; good catch :)
mikeday
In Prince 5.0 beta 3, font family names no longer need to be quoted and are no longer case-sensitive :D