Forum Bugs

Misbehaviour of "text-transform" on accents

fdufour
Hi,

I'm using the CSS text-transform property in order to modify the case (uppercase) of last names. However, the accents are not transformed by Prince 5.1 rev 10, which is ugly :

"Jaffré" becomes "JAFFRé" instead of "JAFFRÉ".

Document charset is UTF-8. This is the Linux version, tested on RedHat and Debian with the same misbehaviour.

Is there a way to solve this bug ?

Thanks in advance,

Florian
mikeday
Hi Florian,

I'm afraid that this is a limitation of Prince 5.1, in that the text-transform property only applies to unaccented Latin characters (ie. the ASCII subset of UNICODE).

We will be extending this property to support accented characters in a future release of Prince. In the meantime it will be necessary to ensure that accented characters have already been transformed before the document is processed.

Best regards,

Michael
Pare
fdufour wrote:
Hi,

I'm using the CSS text-transform property in order to modify the case (uppercase) of last names. However, the accents are not transformed by Prince 5.1 rev 10, which is ugly :

Experienced the same problem on Prince 5.1 rev 14, and agree. It is ugly and makes the text-transform property impossible to use for non-English documents. :x
mikeday
Okay, we will fix it for Prince 6.0, and support case shifting of accented letters. In all cases the letters will keep their accents, which should be sufficient to handle most languages (except French in some situations?).
mikeday
We have added support for text-transform on accented Latin characters to the latest alpha version of Prince 6.0.