Forum How do I...?

Background Image Question

jhoweaa
I have a report which displays a two-column table of data. For each row, the content of the left column makes use of a background image which is positioned at the top and is set to not repeat. The content of the right is of variable length. I'm using Prince 9 and I notice that if the entire content of a <tr> fits on a page, everything looks fine. The background image appears where it should. However, if the content breaks across a page, I see the background image repeated on the next page. I could understand that there might be situations where you would want this to happen, but in my case it's not what I want. I really just want the background image to appear at the top of the <td> wherever it first appears. Is there a way to prevent the repeating of the background image if the <tr> flows on to a second page? Essentially I have a snippet of HTML which looks like this:

<table>
   <tbody>
      <tr>
         <td class="cellclass">...content...</td>
         <td>... more content, potentially long and flowing on to another page</td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
           ... more of the same ...
      </tr>
   </tbody>
</table>

My class style looks something like this:

.cellclass {
   background-position: top;
   background-repeat: no-repeat;
   background-image: url(...);
   background-size: 95%;
}

Thanks.

Jim
mikeday
Thanks, that looks like an oversight in table breaking, we will investigate this. In the meantime, you may be able to workaround the problem by applying the background to a block within the table cell, instead of the table cell itself.
mikeday
We have a fix for this in the latest build, thanks for letting us know about the issue.