Forum Bugs

table cell child absolute positioning bug

rbuels
Prince builds 10r5, 10r7, and 20160715 seem to have a bug with absolute positioning of children of a table cell.

If you render the attached prince_table_cell_absolute_test.html with prince, I would expect output similar to the attached "Expected output.png", which was rendered with Chrome.

It seems to be attaching the absolutely-positioned child elements to the bottom of the table content, rather than the bottom of the table cell, which doesn't seem correct.

Hope this helps track down the problem! Thanks for making a great piece of software!
  1. Expected output.png61.4 kB
    Expected output
  2. Prince output.png63.2 kB
    Current output
  3. prince_table_cell_absolute_test.html1.3 kB
    Test case
dino
+1
mikeday
Thanks, we will investigate this issue.
rbuels
Any progress on this?
mikeday
We should have an updated build ready for testing early next week.
mikeday
The latest build is now available and should fix this problem.
rbuels
Just tested the Aug 10 build, it's a bit better, but not quite fixed. The absolutely-positioned content should appear at the very bottom of the table cells, directly adjacent to the border.
  1. Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 1.21.28 PM.png133.7 kB
mikeday
Thanks, we will take a look.
dino
Any word on this one?
mikeday
Sorry for the delay, please try the latest build (20160914) which includes another table cell absolute position fix.
dino
Thank you!
hallvord
I tried to process dino's demo with the latest build (20160914) and I don't think the wrapping of the longer absolutely positioned text is quite satisfactory - here it wraps the sentence one word to late, meaning the word "table" overlaps the border of the table cell.. It's possible to work around it by setting for example right:10px on that element, but isn't the logic for calculating the width of that DIV.bottom-absolute a bit optimistic..?

(I admit I have not checked what the spec says on calculating such widths..)

Announcement: repos for tests/utils

1. prince-3429.png42.2 kB
    Rendering
dino
I may be able to make this work, thanks guys!
dino
I installed the new build(20160914) but it seems not to be understanding some of the css rules?

Error: prince: -:style:1578: warning: unknown property 'column-break-inside'
prince: -:style:1852: warning: parse error in value of property 'color' at '$'
prince: -:style:2047: warning: unknown property 'column-break-inside'
prince: -: warning: unsupported properties: break-inside

Edited by dino

mikeday
The new build has an improved CSS parser that actually gives warning messages for syntax errors or unsupported properties. You can disable these by passing --no-warn-css-unknown and --no-warn-css-unsupported on the command-line, or just --no-warn-css to disable all errors, although it might be worth checking that $ in the color property.
dino
Thanks Mike!