Forum Bugs

prince-filter-resolution different values render differently

daneren2005
I am having a problem in a recent build of Prince (prince-20160810-ubuntu14.04-amd64.tar.gz) where different values of prince-filter-resolution actually cause the render to come out differently. I added a trick you mentioned in another thread to get flattened PDFs: `:root { filter: opacity(100%) }`. I noticed a tiny difference between some div sizes with `prince-filter-resolution: 200dpi`. When I increase that to `prince-filter-resolution: 400dpi` those differences become much larger. It is off by maybe 3-4% but it is large enough to be disconcerting. I noticed this by opening all of the PDFs side by side when looking to make sure it rendered with good enough quality.
mikeday
Would you be able to attach a simple test document?
daneren2005
Here is an example page (the images aren't loadable since they are to local paths, but hopefully that shouldn't make a difference). The filter/filter-resolution properties in the head style so should be easy to tweak to get all three examples (no filter, 200dpi filter, 400dpi filter). I can also include the output if you want.
  1. example.html35.2 kB
daneren2005
And I just verified that including `--raster-format=jpg` does not have the same render issue.
mikeday
Thanks, we will take a look.