Forum Bugs

SVG support incomplete / buggy?

Steve Pate
I created a simple diagram in both Omnigraffle and NeoOffice (OpenOffice Draw). It contained 3 boxes, text inside and lines with arrow heads connecting them all.

In both packages I exported the figure to SVG.

In the PDF that Prince generates I lose the arrow heads for the Omnigraffle generated SVG file. For NeoOfffice, I get the arrowheads but lose the lines around the boxes and the lines between them.

Please let me know if you would like me to send any example SVG files?
mikeday
I assume that the arrow heads are probably marker symbols, which we have not supported in Prince yet. However, we may be able to add support for them to Prince 6.0.

If you could email me any sample SVG files that would be great, as there is a lot of variation in the SVG produced by different tools and extra sample documents are always helpful.
Johann
mikeday wrote:
However, we may be able to add support for them to Prince 6.0.

We encountered the same problem with SVG drawings that were exported from Microsoft Visio. As a workaround I wrote a simple XSLT stylesheet that converts markers to regular SVG paths. It worked for arrow heads, but that is not a perfect solution.

We would be grateful if you could add markers to the feature list of Prince 6.0!

- - -
Johann