Forum How do I...?

flow content to background of each page

codecrafter
Hi,

Instead of 'prince-overlay', I need the functionality of a "prince-underlay". :) I have the need to show static content on each page underneath the regular flowed content. I've tried flowing content into a page margin box, using z-index, etc--that kinda works but the content is always on top of the regular content. Is there anyway to achieve this "underlay" functionality short of using a tool like cpdf to composite a separate pdf as the background?

Thanks so much

codecrafter
As a followup, I am also considering using Prince's raster feature to produce a background image for each page. Does the raster functionality work when operating Prince in "server" mode, i.e. when using the Prince control protocol?

Thanks
mikeday
How about using an SVG background image on @page?

The control protocol doesn't support raster image generation yet, this must be done from the command-line.
codecrafter
Thanks for the information. The background is actually part of the original document and has to be created dynamically during document processing. So unless prince can produce SVG from HTML, using SVG is no feasible. I'll just use another tool to composite the background.

Thanks