Forum Bugs

© issue

dkessler
When we use 'flow: static(variableName)' to place the content of a div in the footer ('@bottom {content: flow(variableName);}') it presents the content accurately with the exception of the '©'. The '©' symbol is rendered in the pdf as a question mark ('?'). How can we get the '©' symbol to render correctly.
mikeday
Normally characters are only rendered as '?' if they cannot be found in the specified font family. It should make no difference whether the character is in the body of the document or in a header/footer.

You can try specifying "font-family: Times New Roman", as this font should definitely contain the copyright symbol. Also, try specifying © and see if that produces different results than © It should be the same, unless the © entity has been incorrectly defined.
mlitnewski
Hey guys... I have a similar issue in how it is attempting to produce my copyright symbol. At first it just produces the literal "©". Then when I html decode it, it produces this: ©

Weird how that extra character gets thrown in... Any ideas? I tried using times new roman as well as arial. Both of them render the same result. I tried just putting the © symbol as a literal in by itself and that did the exact same thing.

Please help.
jim_albright
Check that the document is in UTF-8 and that the encoding in the HTML is set to UTF-8.

Jim Albright
Wycliffe Bible Translators