Forum Bugs

PrinceXML not working after Windows update.

india.mcq
I tried the Windows GUI with license and the 64bit unlicensed command line only version. Neither are working after the Windows update.

The GUI feedback is "Unknown Message".

The Commandline is maybe more informative.
C:\programs\prince-win64\engine\bin\prince.exe cleudo.html
*** Mercury runtime: caught segmentation violation ***
This may have been caused by a stack overflow, due to unbounded recursion.
exiting from signal handler

I tried it on a html that I had already made and got the same result.

Ian
mikeday
Can you try running "prince.exe --version" from the command-line and check that this works as expected?

If that succeeds, could you try running on an empty HTML file, and a non-empty file with the --debug option and email me (mikeday@yeslogic.com) the output?
india.mcq
Sent as requested.

Also tried html that was just.
<html />
Same failed result.

Trust your hunting is successful.

Ian
fassungsvergleich
I have the same problem after installing the latest Windows Update today (Windows April 2018 update, version 1803) and Prince 11.3.1

Commandline for a file with "<html />" and any other file I tried.
*** Mercury runtime: caught segmentation violation ***
This may have been caused by a stack overflow, due to unbounded recursion.
exiting from signal handler
mikeday
We have just found a fix for this and hope to have an updated build ready shortly.
cpc-kevind
We are getting the same behavior with the same Windows and Prince versions. Microsoft has apparently started pushing 1803 over Windows Update earlier than expected, so many more users may have this problem soon.
mikeday
Yes, apparently a change in virtual memory handling is affecting the garbage collector. We hope to deploy a fix for this shortly.
mikeday
We have a fix for this issue for latest builds and for Prince 11.3.2, please note that only the ZIP packages have been updated at this time, the setup exe will be updated shortly.
fassungsvergleich
The new version works, thank you!
Whitty23
Update works on 32bit version on 64bit machine but still has issues on older 32bit puter. Works from command line but the dll wrapper seems not to work (it's regd correctly) although no errors reported. Checked all perms and they seem fine.
mikeday
That's odd, which wrapper are you using, C# or COM?
Whitty23
for the moment got round it using shell script - but if you have a solution I'd be very grateful
Whitty23
COM