Forum Bugs

Incorrect symbol display

Balaa
Incorrect display of the sigma symbol for warnock pro font in prince output PDF.

XHTML:
<p>Also on the basis of the stress&#x2013;strain diagram, some properties like ultimate tensile strength &#x2013; <i>&#x03C3;</i><sub>m</sub> (<i>UTS</i>)/(MPa); 0.2 offset yield strength &#x2013; <i>&#x03C3;</i><sub>0.2</sub> (<i>YS</i>)/(MPa); modulus of elasticity &#x2013; <i>E</i>/(GPa); elongation/strain &#x2013; <i>&#x003B5;</i> (%), and so on can be obtained.</p>

CSS:
<style>
@font-face{font-family: "WarnockPro-Regular";font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;src: url(fonts/WarnockPro-Regular.otf);}
@font-face{font-family: "WarnockPro-Bold";font-weight: bold;font-style: normal;src: url(fonts/WarnockPro-Bold.otf);}
@font-face{font-family: "warnock-pro-italic";font-weight: normal;font-style: italic;font-style:italic;font-weight:normal; src: url(fonts/warnock-pro-italic.otf);}
p {font-family:WarnockPro-Regular;}
p i {font-family:"warnock-pro-italic";}
</style>
  1. test.html1.3 kB
  2. test.pdf188.5 kB
mikeday
This is due to Prince applying the OpenType "fina" which for this font changes the Greek letter sigma to its final form. In hindsight we should not automatically apply this feature, and will disable it.