Forum › How do I...?

set default language

foo
Hi,
I am trying to create PDF document having ADA compliance.
I tried to set the language by:
<html lang="en-US" xml:lang="en-US">
and the prince setting is setOptions("--pdf-profile=PDF/A-1b");
but it does not work. As you can see the attached, the language option in the pdf form is grayed out too.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
  1. Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 10.26.47 AM.png‎ 304.8 kB
mikeday
Prince latest builds will include the language information for the PDF/UA-1 profile, but not for PDF/A-1b; perhaps we should include it for other profiles as well.
mikeday
Actually I think ADA compliance will require at least PDF/A-1a (tagged PDF) which will set the language. (Please ensure you are using a latest build or Prince 12).
foo
Thanks Mikeday,

We bought prince 11 for the server so we will stick with 11.
I just installed the latest build as you said, I run on Mac OS, I also change to PDF/A-1a. It is still the same, the language thing is still not working. We use Java 8. Could you test the attached and see what wrong?

Thanks
  1. template.html‎ 0.2 kB
  2. test result.pdf‎ 18.6 kB

Edited by foo

mikeday
If the attribute is just lang instead of xml:lang then it works, I will investigate.
foo
Thanks for looking into that.
  1. template.html‎ 0.1 kB
  2. template.pdf‎ 14.3 kB

Edited by foo

twantzen
If the attribute is just lang instead of xml:lang then it works, I will investigate.

Same behaviour here: »lang« working, »xml:lang« not working.

Prince 12.2
foo
Hi Mikeday,

I try to generate pdf from html having ADA compliance.

the lastest build prince-11.4-macosx.tar.gz is worse than prince-20180618-macosx. the pdf i generate from the older build has language properly. but the latest build does not.

However, the problem still exist. i generated pdf with setOptions("--pdf-profile=PDF/A-1a"), the new problem is that any text has bold font has tag problem, i tried <strong>, <b> and css but these all do not work. You can test attached to see. i check with adobe acrobat pro.

Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks

  1. adaTest (9).pdf‎ 18.4 kB
  2. testADA.html‎ 0.3 kB

Edited by foo