Forum How do I...?

set default language

foo
Hi,
I am trying to create PDF document having ADA compliance.
I tried to set the language by:
<html lang="en-US" xml:lang="en-US">
and the prince setting is setOptions("--pdf-profile=PDF/A-1b");
but it does not work. As you can see the attached, the language option in the pdf form is grayed out too.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
  1. Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 10.26.47 AM.png304.8 kB
mikeday
Prince latest builds will include the language information for the PDF/UA-1 profile, but not for PDF/A-1b; perhaps we should include it for other profiles as well.
mikeday
Actually I think ADA compliance will require at least PDF/A-1a (tagged PDF) which will set the language. (Please ensure you are using a latest build or Prince 12).
foo
Thanks Mikeday,

We bought prince 11 for the server so we will stick with 11.
I just installed the latest build as you said, I run on Mac OS, I also change to PDF/A-1a. It is still the same, the language thing is still not working. We use Java 8. Could you test the attached and see what wrong?

Thanks
  1. template.html0.2 kB
  2. test result.pdf18.6 kB

Edited by foo

mikeday
If the attribute is just lang instead of xml:lang then it works, I will investigate.
foo
Thanks for looking into that.
  1. template.html0.1 kB
  2. template.pdf14.3 kB

Edited by foo

twantzen
If the attribute is just lang instead of xml:lang then it works, I will investigate.

Same behaviour here: »lang« working, »xml:lang« not working.

Prince 12.2
foo
Hi Mikeday,

I try to generate pdf from html having ADA compliance.

the lastest build prince-11.4-macosx.tar.gz is worse than prince-20180618-macosx. the pdf i generate from the older build has language properly. but the latest build does not.

However, the problem still exist. i generated pdf with setOptions("--pdf-profile=PDF/A-1a"), the new problem is that any text has bold font has tag problem, i tried <strong>, <b> and css but these all do not work. You can test attached to see. i check with adobe acrobat pro.

Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks

1. adaTest (9).pdf18.4 kB
  2. testADA.html0.3 kB

Edited by foo