Forum Bugs

Prince not using anything but roman fonts since update to macOS Mojave

phillipgessert
I am not dead sure this is a Prince issue, so I am posting it hoping this is something that is known. After updating to macOS Mojave, my documents only generate using roman/regular font faces. If I try to use italics, they come out as fake italic / skewed roman, even though I have the actual italic face available in the default Fonts folder on my system. The same goes for bold, or other variants.

If I specify the path using an @font-face rule, it then uses them ok. Unfortunately though, I use a Monotype Library subscription for a lot of fonts, and those don't have an easily figurable path that I can specify that way. Those fonts are sort of generally available to all installed apps (and I used them regularly with Prince), but they are tucked away somewhere that's not really exposed to the user. So I am hoping there is some way to get Prince to see these fonts again.
phillipgessert
I'm sorry, I think this can be ignored. I've just tried with Prince 12 and it seems to be working fine (was using Prince 11). Sorry for the bother.
mikeday
Unfortunately a small change in the MacOS font API broke Prince on Mojave, but as you note the issue was fixed in the last update to Prince 12.
nico
Is there any way to solve this problem with Prince 9 on macOS Mojave (other than upgrading to Prince 12)?
mikeday
We do not have a fix available for Prince 9 at this time, is there any reason not to upgrade? Prince 12 includes many other improvements as well as support for Mojave. :D
nico
I’d love to upgrade to Prince 12. I spent countless hours to tweak CSS rules to create nice PDF with Prince and I am very happy with the result. On the other side I sell only 4 PDF files per year for 20$ each. So it would take me 6 years to make the investement profitable...
mikeday
I see! In that case please email me (mikeday@yeslogic.com) and we will work something out.