Forum Bugs

Multiple svg files to compile html to pdf

lennloos
Hi,

I'm having some trouble with including multiple inline svg files in a pdf. These svg files typically consist of a vector drawing on top of a bitmap image. I have now figured out that everything works fine, until I add one more image to the body of my text. What could be the problem here? Is there maybe a limit in memory? It doesn't work even when I add an svg image that has been used in the html page already. The matter isn't the svg images themselves, only when there are too much of them (?)

Thanks in advance!

Lennert
  1. stadium_roofs.svg3.3 MB
    Example of svg image
lennloos
When running in command line, following is returned:
*** Mercury runtime: caught segmentation violation ***
This may have been caused by a stack overflow, due to unbounded recursion.
exiting from signal handler
mikeday
How big is the document before adding the extra image that makes conversion fail?
lennloos
3869 KB.
mikeday
Which version of Prince are you running, and on which operating system? The document itself does not seem so large, unless the content is quite unusual or it is pulling in lots of linked resources.
lennloos
Prince 11.1
Copyright 2002-2017 YesLogic Pty. Ltd.
Non-commercial License

Since I make use of NodeJs, I also tried to save the page as a static html page in order to render it to pdf. Same issue appears. I have uploaded this static page to http://research.lennertloos.be/prince/ for the sake of completeness.

lennloos
It works after updating everything to the latest version:
  • latest version princexml
  • latest version of the NodeJs API for prince
However thanks for the quick response! ;-)