Forum Bugs

Bookmarks disappear after editing in Bluebeam

jerkob
Hi,

One of our customers is reporting that after we upgraded from Prince 10 to Prince 12, the bookmarks in our Prince-generated PDFs are lost if the bookmarks are subsequently edited in Bluebeam.

Do you have any insight into changes that might have occurred in bookmark handling between Prince 10 and 12, or any other guidance at what might be the issue here?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I just did a brief test and I was able to replicate this myself with PDF Expert. I open the file in PDF Expert, edit a bookmark (I renamed and changed its destination), save the file, then when I open it again in PDF Expert (or Preview) all the bookmarks are gone.

PDF created with Prince 12.4 (64-bit) on CentOS 6.

Edited by jerkob

mikeday
Perhaps Bluebeam doesn't support compressed object streams? You can disable these by passing --no-object-streams to Prince.
jerkob
@mikeday Thanks, that seems to have been the issue (at least with PDF Expert, I'm asking our customer that uses Bluebeam to verify).

You may want to consider setting object streams off by default, at least for bookmarks, if multiple popular editors aren't able to save them back after editing. Just my two cents.

As always, thank you for the help!