Forum Bugs

Bengali issue

sakthikanth
Hi

I have a word ("অ্যে") in Bengali.This is the actual order in bengali.But in PDF It's character ordering is different from web page. I have used few unicode fonts which are (vrinda.ttf, JomunaMJ.ttf, Shonar.ttf, SolaimanLipi.ttf,Nikosh.ttf, MohanondaMJ.ttf ).

But in generated Prince PDF this word ("অ্যে") comes with different order with a extra added character of unicode 25cc("অ◌্েয").

Is there any way to solve this ?

Edited by sakthikanth

sakthikanth
I have generated some combination of bengali characters in the below pdf. The combination independent_vowels + Virama + consonants comes with ZWJ
  1. output.pdf353.5 kB
mikeday
Could you attach the HTML and CSS as well? We are testing a new implementation of Bengali and other Indic scripts at the moment to fix issues like this.
sakthikanth
I have attached the sample bengali html document.
PFA
  1. bengali-sample.html1.2 MB
mikeday
Thank you, our new implementation supports this text, we will update the forum when it is ready for you to try.
sakthikanth
Thank you Sir,

When will be the feature be available in production?
sakthikanth
What will be our code changes ?
mikeday
It should be available before the end of the year and not require any changes to your code.
sakthikanth
Ok Thank you!
mikeday
The Prince latest builds are now available and everything should work perfectly now! If it doesn't, please let us know. :)
sakthikanth
Thank you so much!!!