Forum Documentation

getting started -- from the docs - Where exactly do I run the prince command to generate a pdf?

get2coding
Hello, I'm a total noob to using Prince. I'm going through the documentation here after installing prince in this path [/usr/local]: /opt/prince on my mac.

Here is the directory structure:
----prince
     |___bin
     |___lib

My question is, where do I run the prince command to generate the pdf from the sample lab_report.html file I downloaded from the lesson? When I try to run:
prince lab_report.html

from the prince root directory (above structure) I get:
-bash: prince: command not found

Also, I looked in the bin folder and saw the prince executable file (attachment1). I'm normally a Windows user so I double-clicked the prince icon and it exited the program, and I'm not sure how to restart it. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

UPDATE:
while my query is still under moderation, I've found my answer. I looked through the files in the unzipped tar.gz file I downloaded and found a README.md file which gives clearer instruction for Mac than the doc page linked above.
  1. attachment1.png40.4 kB
    attachment1
mikeday
Prince is still acts very much like a command-line tool and improving the Mac experience has been on our roadmap for some time, hopefully we can get around to it! :D
get2coding
@mikeday, thanks! I have no problem with using the cmd-line -- but the documentation for Mac users fell short compared to the Windows instructions on that page.

Edited by get2coding