Forum How do I...?

How do I embed lossless images

Optec
Heyho,

I'm a little desperate here.
I need to embed large TIFF files into documents, maintaining their (pixel) resolution. They are pretty large photographs (around 10k x 10k pixels). They are used as background-images in the HTML.

Yet sadly, whenever I inspect the output PDF, they are pretty pixeled - and thus unusable for actual printing, in particular for A1 posters.

I've tried the different PrinceXML Settings, such as "prince-background-image-resolution:auto;" or the "--css-dpi" command line arg. As far as I understood it, the DPI does not actually affect the number of pixels, just their scale on the document.

How do I tell Prince to either downsample the images less or - in a perfect world - embed the raw images directly?
Thanks for any help! :)
mikeday
Prince does not downsample images by default, it's only if you apply the prince-image-magic property or apply CSS or SVG filters that require rasterising them.

Can you try creating a very simple document that only includes the image and no other style sheets to check? Also, which PDF viewer are you using?
Optec
Aha, you pointed me in the right direction! I removed a bunch of CSS and now its working. So Prince behaved as expected, was my mistake :)

Thanks so much for the lightning fast response!