Forum How do I...?

Installation on SiteGround's Fedora

jimbrooking
Hi

I want to install Prince v. 13 on my SiteGround host their website says runs Fedora. Which Prince Unix package would be most appropriate. I approach this upgrade with some trepidation, as the last tome I upgraded it was painful, and needed Mike Day's help and, IIRC, a special install package.

Thanks,
Jim
mikeday
I would suggest trying the Generic Linux packages, as these include most of the necessary libraries and are most likely to work on an unfamiliar system.
wangp
You can try the CentOS 8 RPM package as well.
jimbrooking
Thank you for your responses. I have spent hours trying to access my SiteGround server using puTTY on Windows 10, and have had no success at all with it. The only way I can see to load Prince on my hosting company's server is to use FTP, which doesn't give me access to a command line. I remember this problem (but not its solution) with version 11, I am about to seek SiteGround's assistance in setting up a secure connection. I have little unix expertise and I can not decipher the install script with clarity, so probably can't manually upload the Prince distribution and get it right.. Sorry to bother you but I am frustrated to despair. In the event I ever get a command line on the server I will try one or both of your suggestions, but in the meantime, sadly, will have to continue using Prince Version 9 as our annual directory publishing tool.

Edited by jimbrooking