Forum Bugs

error while loading shared libraries: libgomp.so.1

Babelfish
Hello,

I try to start Prince 13.6 on my web server (managed) but I get only this error:

…/prince: error while loading shared libraries: libgomp.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have installed the linux-generic-x86_64. Also I've tried different Debian prince install packages, but there is another library missing:

…/prince: error while loading shared libraries: libpixman-1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any idea how to install prince? I haven't root access and can't call sudo.

There is an SMP Debian 4.9.228-1 (2020-07-05) x86_64 GNU/Linux with kernel 4.9.0-13-amd64 on the web server.
wangp
We will try statically linking libgomp in future builds to avoid this problem.

In the meantime, you could try using the package designed for AWS Lambda, or extract libgomp.so.1 from that zip file, place it into the ${p}/lib/prince/lib directory, and replace the ${p}/bin/prince shell script with this:
#! /bin/sh
bindir=$(dirname "$0")
prefix=$(readlink -e "${bindir}/../lib/prince")
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${prefix}/lib"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

exec "${prefix}/bin/prince" --prefix="${prefix}" "$@"

where ${p} represents the path where you installed Prince.
Babelfish
Thanks for you help! The AWS Lambda packages works bug cause this bug: https://www.princexml.com/forum/topic/4518/warning-no-font-for-geometric-shapes-character-u-25aa

Now I've copied the libgomp.so.1 to the generic Linux version and use your shell script and it works fine.

It would be nice, if you can provide a packaged including the lib or static linked in future.