Forum Bugs

Non-breaking space doesn't render correctly with Boogaloo font

daneren2005
Put a nbsp in https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Boogaloo?query=Boogaloo and you will see that it is significantly wider than a regular space. I tried downloading the latest release of 14.2 and it is still rendering the non breaking spaces as the same width as a regular space when it should be wider.
mikeday
Prince treats non-breaking space as identical width to regular space, so it may be necessary to replace them with padded spans or some multiple space characters for the time being.
daneren2005
Is there any chance of implementing the different space widths? We already have a lot of designs with non-breaking spaces, and we can't just switch them out since everything was designed with that spacing in mind and every font has different behavior for space vs non-breaking space.
mikeday
This will require further investigation. I think the issue we hit was that not all fonts have glyphs for exotic space characters, so it is possible to fallback to a different font in the stack and get even more inconsistent spacing than before.

Perhaps one solution would be to only use the glyph from the font if it can be found in the same font that would supply the regular space character, then at least it is guaranteed to be consistent, but this might take a bit of work to handle correctly.
daneren2005
I think that would probably be best to try to use it only from the same font.