Forum Bugs

Defer-page property causing named page conflict

leaf
Hello!

I'm having trouble with the interaction between the float-defer-page property and named pages.

In the attached example, I have a table, an image, and some text. Using a named page, I have asserted that the table should fall on a landscape page. All other elements should fall on portrait pages.

I want the table to appear on page 2 without cutting off the flow of the text. As such, I have placed it at the beginning of the HTML and used "float-defer-page: 1;" to move it to the correct location.

In most cases, this works well for me. However, I have found a problematic edge case that does not behave as I expect. If the image is placed on page 1 but gets floated to page 2 (i.e., the same page the table is being deferred to), it also ends up on a landscape page. This is true even if I explicitly assert that the image should be on a portrait page (using another named page). See the attached example.

I would have expected that, since the table requires that page 2 be landscape, and since the image is styled for portrait pages, the image would have simply shifted to the next available portrait page (creating a page 3). I do not want the image on a landscape page.

Is someone able to help me understand (1) why this is occurring and (2) how I could achieve my desired behavior?
  1. defer-issue.html5.3 kB
  2. defer-issue.pdf157.0 kB
howcome
I'm not able to replicate the issue when using the latest build. I've tested with the attached files. Could you try the latest builds? If the problem persists, could you post a single-file test? (i.e., with no external resources)

https://www.princexml.com/latest/
  1. defer-issue.html7.0 kB
  2. defer-issue.pdf39.5 kB

Edited by howcome

leaf
Thank you for the response! The problem is not resolved for me in the latest build. Here is a single-file test with the same issue.
  1. defer-issue-3.html6.1 kB
  2. defer-issue-3.pdf43.5 kB
howcome
Thanks for sending a new test. I get the same result as you. Will need to investigate.