Forum News

Prince 6.0 rev 3 released

mikeday
Today we have released Prince 6.0 rev 3, a maintenance release that includes new features, bug fixes and performance improvements. Customers using Prince 6.0 are encouraged to download this new version, which is available as a free upgrade. Highlights of this release include:

* Support for SVG background images.

* Improved performance for long documents.

* Support for HTTPS and basic HTTP authentication.

* Support for Intel MacOS X machines.

* Many other bug fixes and improvements, as described in the release notes.

Thanks to everyone who has given us feedback on Prince 6.0! :D

Michael
silverRocket
What's the command for upgrading on my Red Hat ES 3 server? I tried "rpm -ivh prince-6.0r3-1.rehel3.u386.rpm" but I got:

Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
file /usr/lib/prince/bin/prince from install of prince-6.0r3-1 conflicts with file from package prince-6.0r2-1
file /usr/lib/prince/style/xhtml-ns.css from install of prince-6.0r3-1 conflicts with file from package prince-6.0r2-1
file /usr/lib/prince/style/xhtml.css from install of prince-6.0r3-1 conflicts with file from package prince-6.0r2-1
file /usr/share/man/man1/prince.1.gz from install of prince-6.0r3-1 conflicts with file from package prince-6.0r2-1

And if I "prince --version", I see I'm still at 6.0r2

Thanks!
silverRocket
What's the command for upgrading on my Red Hat ES 3 server? I tried "rpm -ivh prince-6.0r3-1.rehel3.u386.rpm" but I got:

Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
file /usr/lib/prince/bin/prince from install of prince-6.0r3-1 conflicts with file from package prince-6.0r2-1
file /usr/lib/prince/style/xhtml-ns.css from install of prince-6.0r3-1 conflicts with file from package prince-6.0r2-1
file /usr/lib/prince/style/xhtml.css from install of prince-6.0r3-1 conflicts with file from package prince-6.0r2-1
file /usr/share/man/man1/prince.1.gz from install of prince-6.0r3-1 conflicts with file from package prince-6.0r2-1

And if I "prince --version", I see I'm still at 6.0r2

Thanks!
silverRocket
For anyone wondering... use the "U" flag instead of "i"

"rpm -Uvh prince-6.0r3-1.rhel3.i386.tpm"