Forum How do I...?

Using background images in @page

elephant
We are currently evaluating Prince for PDF generation of a given Website built in XHTML and CSS and I came across 2 problems (I split the question in 2 posts, hope that is ok).

Problem 1:
We need to put a background image (a logo) on each page. In the HTML this is simply done with

body { 
    background: #fff url(/images/logo.png) no-repeat right top;
    }

For the PDF each page should have this logo and as a single HTML may span over several PDF pages I tried:

@page {
    size: A4 landscape;
    background: #fff url(/images/logo.png) no-repeat top right;
    }

Sadly prince does not acknowledge the complete background definition but the image only ignoring "no-repeat". This results in the logo being tiled over the complete page...

A workaround in this case was to use an A4 size background image but that should not be this way I guess. Is this behaviour a bug or a feature?

I am using PrinceXML 6.0r3 on Windows XP.

Thanks a lot!
mikeday
This is a bug where certain background properties are being ignored on @page rules. We will have this fixed for the next maintenance release of Prince 6.0, which should hopefully be ready early next month.
elephant
Thanks for the quick reply (took me longer to write the question than to receive your answer :D ).

The workaround using a big image does work for now so this is not a big problem.