Forum How do I...?

s5 Presentations into PDF

Montgomery
I've been preparing all my presentations using Eric Meyer's s5 Simple Standards-Based Slide Show System:
http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/

I've been looking for a way to export the slides into PDF format (think SlideShare).

PrinceXML converts into a print format, so it will print just fine. But it doesn't look like the slides (of course because the S5 javascript doesn't run).

Any thoughts?
mikeday
Okay, that looks a bit tricky, as the S5 JavaScript is acting as a templating system, grabbing the layout elements and repeating them on a per-slide basis dynamically. This is something that Prince can't do without full support for JavaScript, which we would certainly like to have one day but can't offer today. The only workaround that springs to mind would be writing an XSLT transform instead, that can apply the same transformation done by the S5 JavaScript and expand out the layout for each slide so that they have all the necessary elements can be be printed by Prince.
Montgomery
...writing an XSLT transform instead, that can apply the same transformation done by the S5 JavaScript and expand out the layout for each slide so that they have all the necessary elements can be be printed by Prince.

Cool, a reason to learn about XSLT transforms.

Hmm, need to look at my schedule/commitments...