Forum How do I...?

Append to a PDF

zebedee
I would like to be able to concatentate several different PDFs together that have been generated with Prince.

Is this possible with Prince?

Or should it be listed as a potential new feature?

Or should I do this with an external program?
mikeday
Prince can't read PDF files as input at the moment, it can only produce them as output, so you would need to use another program if you wish to concatenate multiple PDF files into one PDF file.

Alternatively, you could consider concatenating the input files that you give to Prince, so that Prince processes one big input file and produces one PDF output file.

(If you don't want to physically concatenate the input files you could always use XInclude to include all the files into one skeleton file and process that file with Prince).

A useful new feature in Prince might be the capability to specify multiple input files that are all formatted and place sequentially in the same PDF output file, which would remove the need for physical concatenation or the use of XInclude. Would this feature be convenient for what you are trying to do?
Anonymous
I have several PDF files that I am generating successfully with Prince. They can be quite different, some portrait, others landscape, using different CSS for formatting.

What I need, is to be able to place several of the PDFs in the same file together.

I am happy to concatenate the input files, thus recreating one big PDF, but I wasn't sure how to do this with all the different CSS formatting from one file to the next. Any advice much appreciated!

Your suggestion for a new feature such that Prince has the capability
to specify multiple input files that are all formatted and place sequentially in the same PDF output file
would be perfect...

Thanks