Forum Bugs

Multi-column layout float clearing

gillm
Hi,
I have created a very simplified version of a more complex layout I need to run through Prince. The html is at: http://dimplex-main.stage.i-ntarsia.com/schema/tmp/web/25452.1.htm

When I run this through Prince, I do not get the full height of the columns.

I have removed all style sheets and used only inline styles here in an attempt to get to the root of the problem.

All floats are cleared and I cannot figure out what is missing/present that Prince could be having a problem with.

Thanks in advance,
Gill
mikeday
We'll take a look at your document and see what is going on.
mikeday
I don't quite see what you mean about the full height of the columns, they seem to be displaying okay, although the specified width is too wide for a single page. If you switch to a bigger paper size or enable page scaling it should look identical to what the browser does:
@page { size: A3 } /* a bigger page */
@page { prince-shrink-to-fit: auto } /* shrink the document to fit on the page */
gillm
Hi Mike,

Thanks for that information - it helped immensely although I am still having trouble with getting the full content to display (I will keep working on it and I am reading all the forums). I have enough to show the client right now which buys me a bit more time for reading the documentation.

Thanks again,
Gill