Forum How do I...?

Anchor at top of page.

brendan
Can someone please help me with a hyper link problem.

I currently have a PDF document with a table of contents.
I have created href anchors in the table of contents and anchors in the relevant subjections of the document.
In html this works fine with the tags appearing at the top of the page when I click on the table of contents.
The problem is in the PDF document the link only goes to the page that that anchor tag is on and does not position the tag at the top of the page.
If I have something above the tag on that page then that appears at the top of the page and not the anchor. Is there any way to force the tag to appear at the top of the page.

Brendan
mikeday
Are you running the latest version of Prince? In 6.0 rev 6 we changed the behaviour of internal document links so that they scroll to the correct vertical position on the page.
brendan
I'm using vs6.06
mikeday
Is the anchor on a landscape page? Currently only portrait pages will scroll vertically.
brendan
The page is being produced in portrait orientation - although I haven't set it to portrait.
Must I set the page orientation to portrait?
mikeday
No, it should be fine as is. Can you email me a small test document that demonstrates the problem?
brendan
I seem to have found the issue. the closing anchor tags where not being added as the report was being built from the database.
It seems to be working fine. now.
I also added a name attribute as well as an id attribute to the href

Thanks