Forum Bugs

Problems getting prince working on my local machine.

christopher
Evening all,

i can seem to get prince working locally(windows) when the file trys to open in adobe acrobat i get this error :-

"there was a error opening this document. the file is damaged and could not be repaired"

in the prince log it say :-

Tue Jul 8 21:20:50 2008: ---- begin
Tue Jul 8 21:20:50 2008: -:64: error: htmlParseEntityRef: no name
Tue Jul 8 21:20:50 2008: -:73: error: ID table already defined
Tue Jul 8 21:20:50 2008: -:80: error: Unexpected end tag : b
Tue Jul 8 21:20:50 2008: -:80: error: Unexpected end tag : b
Tue Jul 8 21:20:50 2008: -:81: error: Unexpected end tag : b
Tue Jul 8 21:20:50 2008: -:81: error: Unexpected end tag : b
Tue Jul 8 21:20:50 2008: finished: success
Tue Jul 8 21:20:50 2008: ---- end

the funny thing is that this works great on my vps (linux) and doen't generate any errors but when i try locally i get the above errors.

thanks in advance for any help.
Chris,
mikeday
So you are running Prince on Windows, through a web interface, or from the command-line, or the GUI? Can you try comparing the PDF file produced on Windows to the PDF file produced on Linux and see any difference? (Or you can email me (mikeday@yeslogic.com) the broken PDF file to take a look).
christopher
hi thanks for the swift reply,

yeah im running Prince on Windows, through a web interface done in ruby on rails i can seem to find any differances between the 2 and both are running on identical database

the only differance between the 2 setups is :-

def initialize()
# Finds where the application lives, so we can call it.
#@exe_path = "/usr/bin/prince"
@exe_path = "/Program Files/Prince/Engine/bin/prince"
@style_sheets = ''
@log_file = "#{RAILS_ROOT}/log/prince.log"
end

i will forward you the broken pdf thanks for your help,
Chris
mikeday
Are you using the same browser in both cases? Internet Explorer has many issues that affect PDF display, unfortunately. If you google for "Internet Explorer PDF Content-disposition" you should find many people discussing workarounds for this issue.