Forum Bugs

Problem with images in prince

christopher
Hi

I have a very strange problem, on the prince pdf file i have 2 images a header and footer. These work fine, but as soon as I try and edit or change these images the resolution / size appear very large. no matter what I do and I’m not sure why as the image size and res of the images is the same ?

thanks in advance

Chris
mikeday
Can you open the images in an editor like Photoshop or the Gimp and check if they have a specified internal resolution? What program are you using to try and change the images? Prince does not modify the specified resolution of images, so I'm not sure what might be causing this issue.
christopher
Thanks for the quick reply, im editing the images using fireworks the image res and size are the same on the original as is on the edited. i have no idea why its doin this and it seem very strange.

i will try editing the images using a differant program and i will let you know how i get on.

Thanks Chris,
christopher
Hi,

Im still having the above problem no matter what i try and no matter what program i choose to edit the image, when the PDF is produced it looks as though the image is being stretched. but then when i copy the image from the PDF to a editor the image is fine any idea what the problem may be ?

Thanks Chris
mikeday
So, the image is the wrong size in the PDF file? First, check what is the intrinsic width and height of the image. Second, check what is the intrinsic resolution of the image, if any. Third, check if you are apply any width/height properties to the image.
christopher
Yeah thats correct mike the images look streched only in the pdf. There has been no size properties applied to the images in the CSS & the pdf is fine when using the original images.

Sorry to be so dumb but how would i check the intrinsic properties of the images.

Thanks again for your help Chris,
mikeday
The image editor you are using should be able to tell you the size (width, height) and resolution (dpi) of the image. Otherwise, you can email me (mikeday@yeslogic.com) the PDF file and image.
christopher
Hi Mike yeah i have had a look and they look the same if it would be ok i will send you the 2 versions of the PDF and the 2 images so you can get a better idea of my problem

Thanks Chris
christopher
ive just had a look at the processes running on the server and i have found quite a few "[prince] <defunct>" any idea what these are ?
Thanks chris
mikeday
If you're running Prince from a script or a web page (eg. PHP, Perl) then perhaps the script is still running?