Forum How do I...?

Problems with the PDF functionality from Mindtouch DekiWiki

mick davidson
I am trialling Mindtouch DekiWiki, and am testing the printing functionality. This runs easily enough but I have no control over the PDF output. This means the doc is printed as it is, which looks good but:
1. The graphics are shown as place holders only with the missing image's file name.
2. The headings are all too small. They are actually smaller than the body text!
3. I can't change the font face or size.
4. I'd like to add a front cover and our company logo, (C) 2008 statement and contact info to the header or footer.

I think this functionality is great, certainly quick and easy, a bit of tweaking would be great, especially for users who won't want to be doing anything more than clicking the Print PDF button. :)

I have had a look for this or similar info here and in the FAQs but could see nothing that covers my issues.
Cheers,
mikeday
From the Deki developers:
With the 8.08.1 release, we exclusively load one CSS file for usage with Prince: /skins/common/prince.content.css

This can be modified accordingly to control the output.

Editing this file should allow you to modify the style used for printing, and allow you to add headers and footers.
mick davidson
Mike,
thanks, that great, I'll investigate the css and see what I can make it do.
Cheers,
ricky.how
I've been trying to control printed output from deki using /skins/common/prince.content.css to no avail. Using Deki 8.08.2

Anyone else been able to control Prince output fro Deki?

Strange thing is, it is rendering using a css rule that I created awhile ago but now I cannot locate the file that is being used. Its like a cache needs to be cleared or something.

Update:
Here is a description of the Deki files required to configure Prince and their functionality which I've reposted from the Deki forum.

"Your pdf css for prince has to go in prince.css which is in the common folder. Prince.content.css modifies the print preview screen and I don't believe it supports the advanced CSS.

1. /skins/fiesta/_common.css - structural css for the template (padding, margin, width)
2. /skins/fiesta/_style.css - design css for the template (color, font, etc)
3. /skins/fiesta/print.css - print media css for use in a browsers print and print preview (not the Deki Print button)
4. /skins/fiesta/some-skin-name/style.css - design and structual css for the skin
5. /skins/fiesta/some-skin-name/_content.css - wiki content css for the skin"

http://forums.developer.mindtouch.com/showthread.php?p=25702