Forum How do I...?

Using Prince with Opera browser

arnymars
I looked briefly through Prince web User Guide, and for some reason there is no introductory section that would explain, how to install Prince, system requirements, and how to print pdfs with it from most common applications - just a basic staff. How can you call it a User Guide without guiding a typical user how to use it? It looks like a set of reference attachments to the (not available) Manual at best.

To be on point, can Prince be installed on a Windows run PC (min hardware & OS requirements), and called from or plugged into Opera to directly print webpages open in the browser? Can you give a screenshot, how Prince dialog in the browser looks? Currently I use pdf995 printer for that, but some pages come out different from their look in the browser and incomplete. Or it can only print html pages open in Prince? Or it can only work as a command line printer? Can it open and print web archives? Can it be launched from MS Office to print an open doc? Do you offer any plugins? The Accessories you offer - are they for developers only, not for end users?

How you guys can offer Prince download without min explaining for the end user?
mikeday
Sorry, as always the documentation lags behind the features. :)

Prince does not act as a plugin for desktop applications at the moment, it's a program that you can run from the command-line or through its own graphical interface on Windows. The accessories are mostly for developers to integrate Prince with other systems such as PHP pages or Java servlets. A Prince browser plugin would be nice, but we have not had time to make one yet.
arnymars
Thanks. Giving the fact, who's leading your company, it sounds like a straight forward step. Adobe PDF reader is getting bigger and bigger, and its plugin doesn't work on older systems. The rest of printers don't always do a good job when printing webpages. Hope, Opera plugin is on your short list for end users. :roll: