Forum How do I...?

choosing wrong font

pestafo
Instead of using the normal font prince is choosing always the bold version of the font.
When I create a document with Adobe Acrobat I can select the font and it is correctly used and embedded.
Am I doing something wrong or is it perhaps a problem with the font.

Font Properties:
Font Name: CS Type Light
Font Family Name: CS Type Light (CS Type)*
Font Subfamiliy Name: Regular (Light)*
* = Preferred Name

<style type="text/css">
  .text {font-family: CS Type Light;}	
</style>

Debug output:
prince: debug: font-family: CS Type Light
prince: debug: ["CS Type Light", "serif"] -> [font_record(font_desc("
CS Type Light", [normal], normal, [bold], [normal]), [font_handle(mut
var('<<reference>>'))]), font_record(font_desc("serif", [], normal, [], []), [re
direct("Times New Roman"), redirect("Symbol")])]
prince: used font: CS Type, Bold

When I add a @font-face for 'normal'/'normal' for the font into fonts.css prince uses the correct font.
prince: debug: ["CS Type Light", "serif"] -> [font_record(font_desc("
CS Type Light", [normal], normal, [normal], []), [font_handle(mutvar(
'<<reference>>'))]), font_record(font_desc("serif", [], normal, [], []), [redire
ct("Times New Roman"), redirect("Symbol")])]
prince: used font: CS Type, Light
mikeday
What operating system are you running Prince on?
pestafo
On Microsoft Windows XP
mikeday
When you view the HTML in a browser, does the browser use the correct font? If so, this is probably a bug in Prince. We are working on the font support for the Prince 7.0 release, and perhaps we will be able to fix this issue then.
pestafo
As far as I can say the browser uses the correct fonts. Do you have an idea why only this font does not work? I could not find an other font with the same problem. Can you already say in which time frame Prince 7.0 will be available?
mikeday
I'm not sure why it's not working, and we don't have that font here to test. Beta versions of Prince 7.0 should be ready in the next couple of months.