Forum How do I...?

css running elements and prince-flow

mad_max
Hello everybody,
I'm working on a printable catalogue via css with multiple products and spare-parts. Some products could take several pages, so I'd like to automatically replicate into the page header, the last used product name on every page related to this product

Looking for placing formatted elements into page headers or footers, I came across css3 running elements but I wasn't able to use this feature with princexml.

Searching trough the forum i've found some examples using prince-flow to obtain the same result.
As the css3 element() value, flow can takes two arguments: the name of the object to move and one of these keywords: start, first, last

It seems to me that the use of the keyword last-except is missing and that's exactly what i need to print the product name on all its pages except for the first, where this product name already appears.

Someone can help me, please?

Thanks in advance,
Daniele.
mikeday
So on the first page devoted to a particular product you don't want any text in the header at all, then on subsequent pages you want the product name from the first page in the header?
mad_max
Exactly.

On the first page on which the product appears, I can print out a title with the product name, so i have no need to have something in the header about this product.

Then i start to list all its spare parts, and probably (but not surely) this list (with photos and descriptions) will take more than one page, so, starting from the 2nd page, i need to have a reminder in every page header with the product name.
So i thought to create an element on the first (product) page that will be visibile from the 2nd to the last page (of that product).

Is that possible? Or i have to try in another direction? Is the keyword last-except usable with prince-flow anyway?

Thanx a lot for your support!
I really appreciate it.
mikeday
Making the product name appear on every page should be easy, simply using the flow property to flow an element to the header, or if you only need the name text it might be easier to use named strings, with the string-set property. See if you can get this to work, then you can use page selectors to inhibit the display of the product name on the first page.