Forum Feature requests

column-count on table

luiz_borges
In the version 8.0 beta 1 I could set the column-count property on a table to divide it in column. In the final version 8.0 this is no longer available. I do know that by the CSS design 'column-count' shouldn't be applied to table element, but is there a reason for it not to?

I could just as easily wrap the table in a div and set column-count in the div getting the same result, but it would be nicer to set it directly on the table, after all, both div and table are block level elements.
mikeday
The multi-column elements apply to all block elements except tables, and also to table cells and inline blocks. Not allowing columns to apply to tables probably simplifies the description of table layout, and avoids ambiguity as to whether "columns" refers to table columns, or layout columns.
CPS1922
WE are having a problem with trying to exempt tables from colonization and then having text wrap, such as was described in this thread.

http://www.princexml.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3817&p=10667&hilit=tables#p10667

When we exempt a table from colonization we end up with huge chunks of white space on the rest of the page and then the columns and text resumes on the next page. What we want to be able to do is have tables run across two columns and have the text wrap like this:

----text--- ----text----
----text--- ----text----
----text--- ----text----
---------table-----------
----text--- ----text----
----text--- ----text----
mikeday
In Prince 8.1 you can use "column-span: all" on the table to make it span across the columns, does this work for you?