Forum Feature requests

Multiple Background CSS

joelmeador
Had a report from a user of DocRaptor that the only way to set multiple backgrounds correctly when one needs to control background-position and other attributes is to set it all in a single background CSS listing. I checked out MDN here, and am using the following code as a test. So feature request is: support setting background-position separately from background.

<html>
    <head>
        <style>
         .multi_bg_example {
             height: 400px;
             width: 100%;
             background-image   : url(https://mdn.mozillademos.org/files/11305/firefox.png),
                                  url(https://mdn.mozillademos.org/files/11307/bubbles.png),
                                  linear-gradient(to right, rgba(30, 75, 115, 1),  rgba(255, 255, 255, 0));

background-repeat  : no-repeat,
                                  no-repeat,
                                  no-repeat;

background-position: bottom right,
                                  left,
                                  right;
            }
        </style>
    </head>
    <body>
        <div class="multi_bg_example"></div>
    </body>
</html>
  1. background-position.pdf133.4 kB
    prince 10 output
joelmeador
Additionally some clarity re: multiple in the documentation might be helpful for others. Hopefully others can find this thread now. :)

Edited by joelmeador

mikeday
We have a fix for this, but it is not included in Prince 10. I can provide you with an updated build if you like, which also includes support for CSS filters on bitmap images, and tooltips.
jasongladish
We've run into a related but slightly separate issue using basically the same example as above.

It seems to be pretty common to specify multiple background-repeat values without using commas. This seems to work with browsers, but not with Prince.

I know this sort of thing is a never ending hole, but is there any chance Prince could be updated to work without those commas as well?
mikeday
We have fixed this issue in Prince 11. :)