Forum Bugs

Remove border for spanned column

shivaram
Hi,

How to remove the spanned (cell spans to next page) cell bottom border only on the first page? So, basically I want to keep the spanned cell border bottom open, so user will know the content is spanning to next page.

Kindly refer the attached image (cell-span.jpg) for more details.

HTML and PDF too is attached.

Do we need to use box-decoration-break, if so how to specific this property on the second page only?

Kindly suggest pls?

Thanks
  1. cell-span.jpg182.5 kB
  2. demo_files.zip57.1 kB
shivaram
Hi Mike,

I spent enough time on this and there seems no easy way to suppress the cell bottom rules for spanned cell.

I tried JS to identify the spanned cell and applying css or style doesn't works either! If I apply any css on the first-part of the spanned cell, then applies on second-part too!

We're dealing with complex tables with many spanned cell and the table looks odd with rules and we're loosing the user reading flow of the table with rules.

Any hint could be a big help? kindly let me know your thoughts pls?

mikeday
This is a bit tricky, I will take a look.
shivaram
Hi Mike, May I know if you got a chance to look into it?
mikeday
Do you wish to suppress the rule for the first column only, or for all of the cells that span the page? Because you could apply "box-decoration-break: slice" to the entire table, but unfortunately you cannot apply it to a single cell at this time.
shivaram
Great Mike! this is want I want.

Actually I tried this property at cell level, but not table level.

Thanks a lot!